The following are brief summaries of the more important Borough Ordinances. A complete text of these or any other ordinances can be obtained by calling or visiting the Municipal Building. Or, view the Borough Ordinances online.
- Monday & Thursday collection.
- All trash must be placed in covered containers or plastic bags and must be reasonable weight. Clippings may be tied in two foot bundles not exceeding three foot in length. Trash may not be placed out prior to 9:00 P.M. the night before collection and empty containers must be removed within twelve hours of collection. Each resident is permitted to dispose of bulk items on Thursday of each week. If trash day falls on a holiday, collections will be the next day.
- Wednesday collection.
- Animals must be leashed when not on private property and are not permitted to deposit waste on private or public lands.
- Persons under the age of 18 are subjected to curfew beginning at 10 P.M. daily. Curfew ends at 5 A.M. daily.
Grass / Weeds / Vegetation:
- Grass, weeds, and leaves shall not exceed 6 inches and may not be blown onto and are not permitted on any Borough streets.
- Inoperable or wrecked vehicles or vehicles without current registration and inspection are not permitted to be parked on streets or private property.
- Automobiles, motorcycles, motor vehicles, etc, are permitted on defined driveways only.
- Repairing vehicles on streets is prohibited.
- Commercial vehicles and vehicles with truck registration are prohibited from parking on Borough streets from midnight until 6:00 A.M.
- An occupancy permit is required whenever a home is sold or a rental property changes tenants.
- Planning a home improvement this year? Check with the inspectors before planning any work.
- All open burning is prohibited.
- Snow or ice must be removed from all public sidewalks with 24 hours of its formation. If there is a threat of snow, move all vehicles off the street to facilitate snow removal.
- All owners need a yearly license and inspection by the Borough.